
I was struck by a song today, and it basically wrote itself. I tried recording it on my mac but my mic is shit so i'll just post the lyrics.
I was a rock
buried deep underground
and my skin
was so much thinner than sin
And I watched
the sun rise through the dirt
with cold eyes
that I couldn't rely on
oh, you were a bird
That they cut out of glass
and your heart
could tear mountains apart
So I'll sing
to try and conquer the wind
blowing strong
from deep inside of your mind
then if you were her
I would thank my good luck
for the time
that you took to show up
'cause I grew
from a stone to a seed
with the life
that a bird can rely on
a bird can rely
(whistle like a fool)
now my roots
are dug in deep beneath the soil
to soak my skin
It's getting thicker, not thin
And I'll watch
the stars shine in our sky
through your eyes
'cause that's what I rely on
that's what I rely on
No comments:
Post a Comment