was a kid from the country
believed what they told me
but then I grew up, got wise, tried to grow trees.
missed the green thumb;
not a big one, knew a couple farmers
in the hood that could grow some;
so I sold some to the heads at my college;
to make back some dollars;
to treat my old lady to nights out. I got her
shit from mall
but that bitch was raw
told me I'd changed and was breaking the law
see it didn't matter
how long that I had her
some punk pussy punked her pussy; now he has her
I guess that's what I get for not getting jealous
watch my girl get chummy with other fellas.
so the chick left but the weed stayed
and I got grade
word from my supplier
"this next shit is triple A"
applesauce, anusrag,
alfred wants another bag
to deal with bruce wayne
and his fucking vigilante gag.
then we broke bad;
(me and my man from trinidad)
traded hash and cash
for that sticky stash.
we hustled bushels of kush - overflowing,
but the shit we was rolling
got stolen by street thugs
who beat us to teach us
that slinging Jane like spider man
gets you the bum rush.
we didn't give up,
took us 8 months just to re-up.
so I switched up my game
to make bills over change
I only chopped my trees to friends with clean names.
soon I was rungs up the ladder,
selling pounds, getting fatter,
still had the best bud so what passed didn't matter.
then I ended my turn nearly mad as the hatter,
but with pockets of cash; seemed success was a slacker.
now I've moved to the west
so the heart in my chest can retire
settle down and get higher
with a bad bitch who gets it - the shit that I dealt with
has left me wanting a life less contested
No comments:
Post a Comment