Wednesday, February 22, 2012


There's this feeling that runs warm as summer through my chest.
It makes it odd that I'd be shaking, frozen in my boots.
Is it strange that I feel colder when I'm close to you?
If it's okay lets take some time to let all this ice melt away,
if we can stay.
Maybe one day...
Pure speculation will mean nothing
if no one dares to test it out;
or draw conclusions for themselves.
I've made more mistakes than progress,
but I'm still here trying to break this down.
Fuck, I'm a mess and a screw up.
but when I suck and my neck gets chewed up,
I take the criticism as a warning
to change my course
the sea is storming.
My craft has not adapted well enough to sail,
I tried to stay in the harbour but the anchor failed
and now I'm drifting slowly out into the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment