Tuesday, March 13, 2012


I won't hold my breathe until I'm with you. These lungs hold nothing but the air of pointless whispers (where every word exhaled is another nail in the coffin door; so you can bury me in the past.) There is nothing except time for you and I. But every day I feel I'm holding back from standing up to this. And if you really know what's good for me, you'll stay the fuck away. I sense the pain that will come in a year if we attempt to make something out of the time from now till then and I can't pretend that it doesn't scare me. “No fear!” They shout like the sailor with the harpoon at the helm. But the beast lays waiting in the depths, a hollow corpse, teeth and bone wrapped in tough rubber flesh.
“Fear me!” The darkness screams until I believe it has already swallowed me. “In a contest of strength you are out matched. You stand alone on a broken ship and in the storm your love has drowned.”
But even as the waves and tails crash down to break my back; I will look upon the shore where happiness was found however fleeting. Those memories will float forever, golden shimmers in tempestuous surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment